We like to know as much about the role as possible, in order to achieve this, we aim to meet with all of our clients and take a detail role profile. We will discuss all the details with you and forward a specific job profile to you prior to your first interview with the family.
Role - Draft
Summary of post:
This role is to provide sole and shared care of two boys currently aged 24 weeks and 5 years. Parents are very hands on with care of their children and want to be able continue this. Therefore it is important that the nanny and parents share the same ethos. The nanny will be valued for her input and the family will actively share/ adopt ideas and practises that are beneficial for the children. All emotional, physical, educational, development and stimulation needs are to be met. Responsible attitude to dietary needs. All nursery/child related duties including some school drop offs included.
Family Homer and Marg Simpson Children & Ages Bart DOB Zak DOB Address Telephone/Mob Family professions Hospital Consultants Special requirements Bart has eczema which is controlled by creams Package
- Circa £? net per week
- Holidays 25 paid days plus relevant bank hols. Holidays will be taken 2.5 weeks at family choice and 2.5 weeks at nanny choice.
- SSP applies.
- Mileage rate 40p per mile.
Perm/Temp Perm Commencement date Live in /Live out Live out
Experienced childcare professional with demonstrable track record either in nannying or from a supervisory capacity in a nursery setting. Young baby experience essential.
Qualification NNEB or similar, plus demonstrable track recordEnhanced DBS, Driver, Non smoker, Competent swimmer, Prepared to undertake Ofsted Registration to enable parents to gain use of childcare voucher scheme, First Aid Qualified
Hours / Days 7.45am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Parents require a nanny who is happy to act as a team member with in the family and is comfortable to muck in and be supportive within the family nucleus. The nanny should be able to provide a balance of semi structured days with the children, provide a fun and safe and stimulating environment encompassing, play, development, quiet time and organised events inside and outside of the home plus lots of hugs and cuddles. Family would welcome a nanny who will grow into a valued friend of the family as the children grow. The family have an appreciation of books and all things arty and are keen that the children continue to be exposed to a wide variety of activities. The nanny will be actively encouraged to attend groups appropriate for the children’s development and to search out new and interesting places to go during the school holidays.
Parents are keen on laughter and fun in the house with educational stories, arts and crafts, physical and personal development for the children encompassing games, craft activities, socialising and physical exercise.
Occasionally if both parents are working out of the area, it may be necessary for the nanny to either arrive early or stay late.
Bart attends St Josephs Primary school 20 mins walking distance, travel mode is weather dependent.
The home is a large house over 2 storeys. The children’s arts and crafts adorn their play room. There is a secure garden for outdoor play. The location of the home is within striking distance of the parks and local amenities – the nanny would be encouraged to make use of these facilities and actively undertake nature and artistic work with the children.
Responsibility for children you will be / responsible for or provide -
- School run Circa 1.5 miles (Dad frequently drops off in the mornings)
- Prepare food and give breakfast, lunch and evening meal to children – balanced, freshly prepared healthy diet.
- Initiate educational activities
- Encourage personal development – i.e. fine, gross motor skills, potty training, speech and language development
- Undertake art, imaginary play, messy activities in the home
- Develop a social scene for the children in relation to existing friends and new friends
- Take to library and swimming
- Research and take to activities as the children grow to want and need them
- Under take trips areas such as Museum, art gallery, zoo etc
- Outdoor play
- Polish school shoes and prepare school uniform on daily basis
- Homework and reading schemes
- Attend doctors/ dental/ hair appointment as necessary
- Daily tidy children’s rooms
- In event of parents being late, bath the children on request – very infrequent
- Encourage the use of good manners and mutual respect in the children
Responsibility for baby– you will be responsible for or / provide
- Responsible for sterilising and making all bottles for Mon – Fri
- Wean baby with freshly prepared food
- All social, physical, stimulation and emotional care and well being
- Cook home made fresh food
- As baby grows take to mums and tots, Jo jingles etc
- Develop social network for baby
- Meet parents with baby to attend baby clinic, or in the event attend with baby
- Develop balanced routine, which will encompass baby focus events out of the home i.e. baby massage, toddler groups and activities within the home i.e. baking, arts and crafts.
- Nanny note: Parents want to ensure that all the children would enjoy the level of development that they would provide if they were home with them during the day, i.e. when out in the pram, point, show, and draw children’s attention to their environment. Count on the stairs, discuss current topics of interest, and develop awareness of surroundings.
Load and unload dishwasher as needs be
Tidy up at end of day
Unload washing machine and hang washing out to dry on needs basis
Undertake occasional shop as necessary
Keep a brief daily diary outlining information on a need to know basis
Family to provide a float for expenses
Points to note
Nanny should be nicely spoken, no use of slang
Family approach to discipline is distraction/ eye contact; alter tone of voice/ naughty step
Bart loves outdoor play
Family has previously employed a nanny
Cleaner in home once per week
This job description is not exhaustive and from time to time the successful candidate may be required to undertake tasks, which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given
The above role profile outlines your agreed childcare needs and will form the basis on which Nannyplus Household Staff Ltd will form the basis of its search and subsequent discussions with potential candidates.
I agree in principle that the above profile reflects our child care needs and understand this document forms the basis of the recruitment search.